Who We Are
The Oasis Group of Ministries, including The Oasis Fellowship and Oasis Community Services, is a local Pentecostal Church and Community Services outreach in the heart of the city of Grande Prairie, Alberta. Along with the Church, we also offer Affordable Housing, Commercial Business Leasing, and Full Time Daycare Services to the community.
Mission, Vision, & Values
“A believing community providing a safe haven for people seeking God.”
To inspire, equip, train, develop, and release people to be all that God has called them to be.
In all situations and circumstances we will seek to:
- Come to church to meet with God
- Seek wisdom in everything we do
- Treat others with the same love that we want to be loved with
- Embrace everyone as part of the church family and be open to developing relationships with others
- Show compassion to one another in all situations
- Act with integrity by maintaining biblically-based high moral standards
HOLY SCRIPTURES: All Scripture is given by inspiration of God (2 Tim. 3:16,17) by which we understand the whole Bible to be inspired in the sense that holy men of God were moved by the Holy Spirit to write the whole words of Scripture (2 Pet. 1:20,21). Divine inspiration extends equally and fully to all parts of the original writings. The whole Bible in the original is, therefore, without error and, as such, is infallible, absolutely supreme and sufficient in authority in all matters of faith and practice (Psa. 119:160a; Matt. 5:17,18).
THE GODHEAD: The Godhead exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are one God, having the same nature and attributes and are worthy of the same homage, confidence, and obedience (Matt. 3:16,17; 28:19; 2 Cor. 13:14).
- THE FATHER: The Father exists eternally as the Creator of heaven and earth, the Giver of the Law, to whom all things will be subjected, so that He may be all in all (Gen. 1:1; 1 Cor. 15:28).
- THE SON: The Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal and only begotten Son of the Father, is true God and true man (John 1:1,14; 10:30; 17; Phil. 2:6,7; Heb. 1:8). He was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary (Luke 1:26-35), and by His sinless life, miracles, and teaching, gave full revelation of the Father (John 12:49; Acts 2:22; 2 Cor. 5:21; Heb. 7:26). He died upon the cross, the Just for the unjust, as a substitution sacrifice (Rom. 5:6,8; 1 Cor. 15:3; 1 Pet. 3:18). He rose from the dead (Matt. 28:6; 1 Cor. 15:4,20). He is now at the right hand of the Majesty on high as our great High Priest (Acts 1:9-11; 2:33; Heb. 8:1). He will come again to establish His kingdom in righteousness and peace (Matt. 25:31).
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: The Holy Spirit is also God, performing actions and possessing the attributes of Deity (Acts 5:3,4). His personality is shown by the fact that He has personal characteristics and that individuals may relate to Him as a person (John 16:13-14).
THE ATONEMENT OF CHRIST: Salvation has been provided for all men through the sacrifice of Christ upon the cross (Isa. 53:4,5; Matt. 8:16b,17). It is the only perfect redemption and substitution atonement for all the sins of the world both original and actual. His atoning work has been proven by His resurrection from the dead (Acts 2:36; Rom. 4:25; 1 Cor. 15:14,17,20; Heb. 10:12; 1 John 2:2). Those who repent and believe in Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and receive eternal life (Acts 20:21; 1 Pet. 1:23,25). Furthermore, in the atonement, divine healing was provided for all believers (Isa. 53:4,5; Matt. 8:16b,17).
THE CHRISTIAN EXPERIENCE:
- ASSURANCE of salvation is the privilege of all who are born again by the Holy Spirit through faith in Christ (John 10:27-29; Rom. 8:35-39), resulting in love, gratitude, and obedience toward God.
- SANCTIFICATION is dedication to God and separation from evil (2 Cor. 6:14; 7:1). In experience it is both instantaneous (John 17:17,19; Heb. 10:10,14) and progressive (1 Thess. 5:23; 2 Tim. 2:19-22; 1 Pet. 1:14-16). It is produced in the life of the believer by his appropriation of the power of Christ’s blood and risen life through the person of the Holy Spirit (Rom. 6:11,13,14,18); He draws the believer’s attention to Christ, teaches him through the Word, and produces the character of Christ within him (1 Cor. 13; Gal. 5:22,23; 2 Pet. 1:3-4). Believers who sin must repent and seek forgiveness through faith in the cleansing blood of Jesus Christ (1 John 1:9; 2:1-2).
- BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT is an experience in which the believer yields control of himself to the Holy Spirit (Matt. 3:11; Acts 1:5; Eph. 5:18). Through this he comes to know Christ in a more intimate way (John 16:13-15), and receives power to witness and grow spiritually (Acts 2:1-4; 9-17,39; 1 Cor. 14:18). Believers should earnestly seek the baptism of the Holy Spirit according to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4,8). The initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Spirit is speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance (2 Cor. 3:18; Acts 1:8). This experience is distinct from, and subsequent to, the experience of the new birth (Acts 8:12-17; 10:44-46).
- THE GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT are supernatural abilities given by God through the exercising of which believers are enabled to minister effectively and directly in particular situations (1 Cor. 12:4-11). They serve the dual function of building up the church, and of demonstrating the presence of God within His church (1 Cor. 12:7; 14:12; 24-25).
- DIVINE HEALING provided in the Atonement of Christ (Matt. 8:16,17) is the privilege of all believers. Prayer for the sick and gifts of healing are encouraged and practised (1 Cor. 12:28-30; James 5:14).
- COMMUNION is a symbol, memorial, and proclamation of the suffering and death of our Lord Jesus Christ. This ordinance is to be participated in by believers until Christ’s return (Matt. 26:26-28; 1 Cor. 10:16-17; 11:23-26).
- WATER BAPTISM signifies the believer’s identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection and is practised by immersion (Matt. 28:19; Mark 16:15-16; Acts 2:38,41; 8:36-39; Rom. 6:3-5).
THE END OF TIME
- THE RAPTURE, the blessed hope of the church, is the imminent coming of the Lord in the air to receive to Himself His own, both the living who shall be transformed, and the dead in Christ who shall be resurrected (1 Cor. 15:51-57; Phil. 3:20-21; 1 Thess. 4:13-18; Titus 2:13). This event takes place before the wrath of God is poured out during the tribulation. Believers then will appear before the judgment seat of Christ to be judged according to faithfulness in Christian service (Rom. 14:10-12; 1 Cor. 3:11-15; 2 Cor. 5:9-10).
- THE TRIBULATION will be a time of judgment on the whole earth (Matt. 24:15,21-22; 1 Thess. 5:1-3). During this period the Antichrist will emerge to offer false hope to the nations (2 Thess. 2:3-12; Rev. 13:11-18).
- THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST is the return of Christ to earth in power and great glory will conclude the great tribulation with the victory at Armageddon (Matt. 24:27,30; Luke 17:24,26-30), the defeat of Antichrist and the binding of Satan (Rev. 16:12-16; 17:8; 12-14; 19:11-20). Christ will introduce the millennial age (Psa. 2:6-12; Dan. 2:44-45; Luke 22:29-30; Rev. 3:21; 20:6), restore Israel to her own land, lift the curse which now rests upon the whole creation, and bring the whole world to the knowledge of God (Isa. 1:24-27; 2:1-4; Zech 14:3,4,9; Rom. 8:19-23; Rev. 22:3).
- THE FINAL JUDGMENT will be a judgment in which unbelieving dead will be raised and judged at the great white throne, according to their works (Dan. 7:9-10; John 12:48; Rom. 2:2,6,11,16; Rev. 14:9-11; 20:11-15). The beast and false prophet, the devil and his angels, and whoever is not found in the Book of Life, shall be cast into the lake of fire, not to annihilation, but to everlasting punishment, which is the second death (Matt. 25:41b; Jude 6; Rev. 20:10,15; 21:8).
- THE ETERNAL STATE OF THE RIGHTEOUS will be the time in which the righteous share the glory of God in the new heaven and the new earth for eternity (Matt. 13:43; John 17:24; 2 Pet. 3:13; Heb. 11:10; Rev. 21:1-2,10,22-23).